The company states that customers will be able to replace current Note 7 with brand new ones in coming weeks by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.
Samsung has issued a global halt of sales and recall of its new Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after reports of the device catching fire and exploding while charging.
ATT said it has stopped selling the device, but as of Friday morning was still working on its return procedure. Customers can reportedly visit the store where the phone was purchased in order to begin the exchange.
It said it can not comment on the cost of replacing sold Galaxy Note 7 phones, but it’s a huge amount.
A statement from Samsung UK said: “We are now conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market”.
The consumer electronics company announced a global recall of all of its Galaxy Note7 large smartphones that have been sold so far and that are in distribution channels in a September 2 statement.
The South Korean company said in a statement that it found a “battery cell issue”.
Now Samsung has officially announced the launch of the US Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 owners.
He said it would take some two weeks to prepare for a complete replacement of sold products, vowing to replace the faulty products with new ones as rapidly as possible.
Customers have reported that the smartphone has caught on fire while charging.
According to CNN, Samsung said devices in China don’t appear to be affected because the company used another battery supplier there.
Samsung is recalling 2.5 million devices.
Apple is expected to announce its new iPhone next week and Samsung’s mobile division was counting on momentum from the Note 7’s strong reviews and higher-than-expected demand.